First of all, don’t let the word ‘fiery‘ scare you away because it’s always up to you just how ‘fiery’ you want your cocktail to be. Spicy cocktails are an interesting lot. There is a trick to finding a balance of flavour when it comes to making a drink with hot and spicy ingredients and it is a fine line that one must tread to ensure it is palatable. Yet, when made right those who appreciate all things hot and spicy will find these cocktails to be some of the most amazing adventures in flavour.
So, next time the sweaty city nights are too much to handle, and you just want to chill and relax at home, reach for this ‘Fiery Nsukka Pepper Cocktail’. According to Dunni Obata of Dooney’s Kitchen, it is a fiery cocktail with citrus and passion fruit undertones. Find out how she prepares it below.
Let’s dig in…
- Fruit juice – I used orange and passion fruit
- 1 shot of Vodka – optional
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 pieces of Nsukka Pepper – you can substitute with the scotch bonnet A.K.A ata rodo
- Ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender, except the lemon juice and vodka. To reduce the ‘heat’, you can take out all the seeds from the pepper.
- 2. Whizz until the pepper breaks down, almost completely. Sieve into a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, lemon, little extra ice cubes, and shake, shake, shake.
- 3. Pour into a chilled glass, and Bob’s your Uncle!
P.S – If you are not using vodka, add all the ingredients to a blender and whizz. It is best you don’t blend until the pepper is smooth, as that will help take some of the edge off the heat.
So tell me, how fiery do you like your cocktail?
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRaveNG
A fashion and culture enthusiast who's really a food loving adventurer at heart. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥