The weekend is almost here and I’m sure you are looking forward to unwinding without stress. You can always start your weekend with the Chapman as it is a delicious and easy cocktail filled with a blend of fruity flavours. It’s easy to make and you can have this at home before heading out with your crew!
Being a huge fan of Chapman, I always watched closely as the barman made me a glass and I armed myself with a good recipe – that is after I finished bombarding him with enough questions to last him a lifetime. Trust me when I say that I’ve since become one of the best makers of chapman that I know and now, it’s time for you to learn!
Let’s dig in…
- ½ cup Grenadine Syrup
- A few dashes of Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 35 cl Fanta Orange
- 35 cl Sprite
- ½ an Orange
- ½ a lemon
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 a cucumber
Before making the Chapman
- Make the ice cubes either with water or a mixture of the Fanta and the Sprite.
- Make sure the Grenadine Syrup, Fanta, and Sprite are chilling in the fridge.
- Cut the orange and the lemon into two equal parts each then cut one-half of each into thin quarters. Reserve the other halves for squeezing into the drink.
Directions for the Chapman
- Put a few ice cubes in the mugs.
- Add half a cup of the Grenadine Syrup.
- Add a few dashes of Angostura Bitters (to your taste).
- Add a squeeze of orange and lemon each.
- Share the Fanta equally between the two mugs, do the same for the Sprite. Remember to leave some space because the garnishings will take up their own volume.
- Add your sliced garnishings: cucumber, orange, and lemons. This list goes on and on, some people even add bananas to theirs. Just add whatever rocks your boat.
- Top off with Ribena blackcurrant if you have it. (Optional but I like sweet things)
- Stir with the straws, throw in some mint leaves if you so desire and it is ready for drinking!
Photo credit: Google images, Pixabay
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRaveNG
A fashion and culture enthusiast who's really a food loving adventurer at heart. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥