I love yam and egg but I would never have thought about combining it the way Dunni of Dooney’s kitchen did. We have been eating this combination for breakfast for goodness knows how long, so Dunni decided to revamp traditional breakfast with the exact same ingredients. The best part of this recipe is that it is so simple to make, it wouldn’t even take much time out of your busy morning routine and even more special on weekends.
Let’s dig in…
- Boiled Yam
- Chopped mixed veg – onions, chilies, spring onions, bell peppers etc
- 2 eggs – or more depending on how many yams you have
- Seasoning cubes – optional
- Vegetable oil
Directions for the Yam Pancakes
- Boil your yams and mash with a food processor or pound it if you prefer to use the mortar.
- Add the chopped vegetables.
- Add your eggs. Start with one then work your way to two eggs if the batter is too thick. There is no water in this recipe.
- Once it is thick and gloopy, season with salt and/or seasoning cubes.
- Heat up a non-stick with a little oil as you would a regular pancake. Scoop the batter and use the back of the spoon to spread it out into a wider circle. Because this recipe has no flour in it, you will be best making mini thick pancakes, otherwise, the pancake will split when you try to flip it over. So, you need a sufficiently thick, but not too thick pancake.
- Cook this on medium heat to allow the pancakes cook properly on one side without burning, so you can flip it over to cook the other side without breaking the pancake.
- When both sides have browned, take it out of the pan and repeat the process.
Voila! Your pam pancake is ready. To make your pancakes even sweeter, you can opt for drizzling some honey all over them.
N/B – the key is, the batter must be thick. If it is too watery, the pancake will break apart when you try to flip it, and it may spill into a mess.
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A fashion and culture enthusiast who's really a food loving adventurer at heart. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥