Will Smith teases social media return, BNXN unveils “Bad Since 97” tracklist, Klopp insists Keita not leaving Liverpool. Stay in the know with our Rave News Digest which summarizes five of the hottest global news you need to catch up on, saving you time and energy. Consider it your daily news fix.
1. Will Smith teases social media return
View this post on Instagram
Will Smith is testing the waters for his social media return, and he appears to be receiving a warm reception from his Instagram followers. The comedian-actor took to Instagram on Friday, August 19 for a playful hint at his social media return. In the video posted, a baby gorilla poked an adult silverback gorilla once, but the silverback didn’t budge. On the second attempt, the adult chased the baby. “Me trying to get back on social,” Smith, 53, captioned the video. Smith received an overall warm welcome with over 50,000 comments.
Following the teasing of his return, Smith posted a video of himself of his son Trey Smith in a hotel where they encountered what appears to be a tarantula spider on the ground. Prior to the March incident at the Oscars, Smith became known for his thrilling content on social media. At the end of July, the father-of-three issued a public apology to Chris Rock, following the unforgettable Oscars slap that took place on March 27. Smith says he reached out to Rock and “the message that came back is that he’s not ready to talk and when he is, he will reach out.”
2. BNXN reveals tracklist for next album ‘Bad Since 97’
On Thursday, August 18, Nigerian singer and songwriter BNXN revealed the tracklist for his next EP “Bad Since 97.” The 7-track project includes his 2022 release “Kenkele” featuring Wande Coal. It also flaunts the presence of Afrobeats megastars like Olamide and Wizkid who join Wande Coal on the project. His intention to deliver a top body of work can be deduced from his choice of powerhouse artists.
Fans will be expecting the 7-track EP to deliver a couple of hits. “Bad Since 97” is set for release on August 25.
3. South Africa: Pearl Thusi to host Miss Heritage Global 2022 concert in SA
Limpopo, are you ready to party with Pearl? https://t.co/wpanpHBpiX— Times LIVE (@TimesLIVE) August 21, 2022
After the Covid-19 pandemic wreaked havoc with last year’s event, TV personality Pearl Thusi will take to the stage to host the Miss Heritage Global 2022 concert next month. The concert, which also features a pageant, is set to take place in Limpopo on September 25. The pageant will see several culture ambassadors aged from 18 to 28 compete for the Miss Heritage Global 2022 crown. The concert will feature performances by Lady Du, La’ Joy, and Limpopo-born superstars Makhadzi and Master KG.
“Our theme for this year is #SheLeads. To end the glorious crowning of the Miss Heritage Global 2022, we had to have our amazing and powerful superstars Pearl Thusi and Makhadzi as some of our leading entertainers at the concert on the 25th of September,” said Miss Heritage Global CEO Mbofholowo Mbodi.
4. TikTok star Khaby Lame gains Italian citizenship
TikTok star Khaby Lame has been granted Italian citizenship after living in the country since he was one year old ? pic.twitter.com/vQBuHa2AKh— Al Jazeera English (@AJEnglish) August 19, 2022
Khaby Lame, the most followed TikTok star in the world, has been granted Italian citizenship at the age of 22, despite having lived in the country since he was one year old. Senegal-born Lame, who has more than 148 million followers and was raised near Turin, is known for making funny mute videos.
Lame, who still has a Senegalese passport, told the press that he was “very proud” of his new citizenship and felt “a great responsibility” for the oaths he has taken. In the citizenship ceremony, which took place on Wednesday, Lame said he had always felt Italian: “Very little has changed.” While people on social media are excited for the content creator, they’ve called out the Italian government saying 21 years did not earn the star citizenship, but gaining celebrity status did. They also questioned the system.
5. Klopp insists Keita will not leave Liverpool before transfer window closes
? Jurgen Klopp on Naby Keita potentially leaving the club:— Anfield Watch (@AnfieldWatch) August 21, 2022
"Naby will not go but if he would – he won't – there must be a replacement of course." ? pic.twitter.com/vug4mCcWTS
Jurgen Klopp insists Liverpool will not sell Naby Keita before the transfer window closes, despite reports suggesting the Guinea midfielder is unsettled at Anfield. Keita is into the final 12 months of his Reds contract, and while the club still hopes to agree to an extension with the 27-year-old, there have been claims in Germany that the player has become disillusioned with his situation.
Speaking to reporters ahead of Liverpool’s trip to Manchester United tonight, Klopp said: “Selling Naby now and not replacing him? No, that is not possible. But it is not the plan. We are done. Players go and we don’t replace him? No. Naby will not go but if he would, which he will not do, there would be a replacement.”
Our Week Day News Digest brings you a summary of five of the hottest news topics across the world––including celebrity news from Hollywood to Nollywood, the latest trending global headlines from American reports to top African news today, and the best sports stories in 2022.
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
— Read also
A fashion and pop culture writer who watches a lot of TV in his spare time. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥