Oftentimes people do not realize how much weight they have gained until they notice their protruding midsection. A potbelly is undeniably obvious and quite difficult to deal with. Body magic can hold the belly fat in for a few hours, but when it’s off, the potbelly stares right back at you in the mirror. Belly fat won’t go away if you don’t try to reduce it and you won’t stop complaining if you’re doing nothing to help yourself especially when it comes to food.
If the paragraph above describes your daily weight struggle, then digest these diet tips summarized from the fitness news guide just for you. Following these tips will teach you what types of food to eat to aid the reduction of belly fat.
These food tips will help you reduce belly fat…
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. This helps to combat chronic inflammation. Fruits like apples, berries, broccoli, papaya, mushroom, pineapple, and spinach should show up frequently in your daily meals.
- Restrict your fat content to mono-saturated ones. This helps to raise a healthy cholesterol level and reduce inflammation. Examples of good sources of mono-saturated fats are olive oil, almond, avocado.
- Eat Foods with Omega-3-Fatty Acid content. Findings from research suggest that omega-3-fatty acids are associated with reduced inflammation. Good sources of omega-3 include walnut, flaxseed, and fishes such as Alaskan salmon.
- Include spices in your meal. Such spices as garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and chill pepper have potent inflammation-reducing capabilities.
- Make water your best friend. Staying hydrated is essential to flushing inflammation-causing toxins out of the body. Aim for 8-10 cups of water a day based on your activity level. Do this and watch belly fat say goodbye.
- Keep to whole grains. These are rich in fiber and will help control the insulin response in your body. Vitamin B in whole grain helps reduce the inflammatory hormone homocysteine in the body.
Article by Sema Bassie
Photo credit: Silberman Dental Website
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram! @StyleRave_ ♥