Now Reading
Rave News Digest: Temi Otedola And Mr Eazi Are Engaged, Jennifer Lopez And Ben Affleck Are Engaged Again, Ronaldo + More

Rave News Digest: Temi Otedola And Mr Eazi Are Engaged, Jennifer Lopez And Ben Affleck Are Engaged Again, Ronaldo + More

temi-otedola-mr-eazi-engaged-style-rave

Mr Eazi and Temi Otedola are engaged, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are engaged, Ronaldo accused of assault. Stay in the know with our Rave News Digest which summarizes five of the hottest global news you need to catch up on, saving you time and energy. Consider it your daily news fix.

Here is a rundown of five of the hottest news stories…

1. Nigeria: Mr Eazi and Temi Otedola are engaged

 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

A post shared by Temiloluwa Otedola (@temiotedola)

Nigerian music star Mr Eazi and his long-time girlfriend, Temi Otedola are engaged. The couple took to their social media pages on Sunday, April 10, where they shared the big news. In the video which has since gone viral, Mr Eazi is spotted on one knee proposing to the billionaire heiress. The soundless video shared on social media lasted for about 38 seconds.

This engagement comes after about four years of the two celebrities and fan-favorite couple dating after Temi’s sister, Cuppy introduced them back in 2018.

Congratulations to the couple.

2. Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck engaged again

Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are officially on the path to being married. According to reports, a rep for the singer confirmed the couple, who rekindled their romance last year, is engaged. In her On the JLo newsletter, Lopez shared the news by revealing a photograph that appears to show an engagement ring on her finger.

In an email update to her fans on Friday evening, April 8, Lopez included a video that shows her admiring a huge, green diamond on her ring finger. Additionally, she teased the “major announcement” on Twitter with a video where she says “So I have a really exciting and special story to share…”

Recently, JLo told the media why now is different in regards to her romance with the famed actor as the two were engaged in 2004 before calling it off. “We’re older now, we’re smarter, we have more experience, we’re at different places in our lives, we have kids now, and we have to be very conscious of those things,” she said.

Congratulations to the couple.

3. South Africa: NaakMusiQ wins against Cassper Nyovest at the #CelebCity boxing match

The eagerly anticipated #CelebCity boxing match ended in a win for actor and musician NaakMusiQ against rapper Cassper Nyovest on Saturday. After months of hyping up the celebrity boxing match and fans enduring multiple delays, on Saturday night, the two celebrities put on an exciting show for thousands of viewers. Knowing there could only be one winner, fans and industry friends of the pair put their money where their mouths were with bets and took to the socials to back either #TeamCassper or #TeamNaak.

While the pair gave spectators an exhilarating match, NaakMusiQ proved the better boxer and took home the coveted belt. Naak proved that while he may not have been loud about his preparations for the match, he surely had put in the work.

4. Electricity lost in large parts of Nigeria after a power blackout

Many Nigerians have once again been left without state-supplied electricity for several hours, three weeks after the President apologized for the last nationwide outage. This time around, an aide to the president says an “act of vandalism” on a transmission tower is to blame. Distribution firms first reported problems with the national grid on Friday evening.

They have assured customers that work is underway to restore power. Local media reports that this is the fifth such collapse this year. Electricity providers – including Abuja Electricity Distribution, Kaduna Electric, and Eko Electricity Distribution – took to social media to apologize and explain what happened.

5. Ronaldo: Police investigating after Manchester United forward appears to break fan’s phone

Merseyside Police are investigating an alleged assault after Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to break a fan’s phone. The footage was shared on social media alongside comments claiming he smashed the device as he left the pitch after his side’s 1-0 loss at Everton. Ronaldo, 37, later apologized on social media.

Merseyside Police said they were investigating “reports of an alleged assault” at Goodison Park on Saturday. A spokesperson said they were liaising with both Manchester United and Everton. Manchester United said they were aware of “an alleged incident” and would “co-operate with any police inquiries.”

Featured image: temiotedola | Instagram


Our Week Day News Digest brings you a summary of five of the hottest news topics across the world––including celebrity news from Hollywood to Nollywood, the latest trending global headlines from American reports to top African news today, and the best sports stories in 2022. 


For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_


Read also

Style Rave participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.

Copyright © 2021 Style Rave NG LLC dba STYLE RAVE

Scroll To Top