Did you know that the fear of Mondays is an actual thing referred to as Lunaediesophobia? While mainstream might front the Sunday Scaries (the anxiety experienced on Sundays as a result of the coming workweek), it’s still a huge possibility that Mondays could become your favorite day of the week.
What better ways to start off your week after pouring yourself a cup of hot coffee and rocking a power outfit? Well, more ways. That’s because it takes more to start your week on a positive note. You can agree there have been countless times your colleague “Karen” has ruined your Monday even while you sipped a cup of coffee in your favorite suit set. Or those days when your To-Do list is bursting with responsibilities more than you can bear. Nonetheless, it’s possible to still look forward to the new week excitedly (no, it’s not reaching).
Positivity, as we already know, is achieved more on a mental spectrum. Once this is achieved, every other physical thing surrounding an individual begins to align in response to this internal shift.
Check out 5 practical ways to start your week on a positive note…
#1. Start from within
If your heart is racing on Sunday evening because Monday is a wink away, the main battle springs from within. Start by changing the way you view Mondays. A good place to start is with positive thoughts and affirmations. This is because they set your tone from within, ad consequently, can change your entire view of a new work week. Begin to view Mondays as another opportunity to accomplish more and ace your goals. This way, the emotions would gradually switch from anxiety to excitement.
#2. Make plans ahead of time
Waking up on a Monday morning knowing exactly what needs to be done and having your clothes for the week already laid out is a mood booster. Once you write a to-do list, set your weekly goals and plan ahead. Certainly, the week loses it’s overwhelming effect when you start off with a “can-do” energy and strike off the hardest tasks first.
#3. Lead a healthy lifestyle
According to studies, drinking a glass of water after you wake up lightens the spirits and for added effect, attempt working out. From soothing early morning walks to a full-on workout routine to a healthy breakfast, beginning your day on a healthy note goes a long way. It shakes off the inertia and readies you for the day.
#4. Be in control of your happiness
To start your week on a positive note, you have to realize that no one makes you stay happy but yourself. This may sound cliché, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true. Consciously create activities on Monday to look out for. Maybe an evening girls hang out, your favorite meal at lunch break, or a solo movie night after work. This approach should keep you literally looking forward to the new week’s goodness.
#5. Enjoy your weekend
A productive week is directly linked to a weekend of recuperation and relaxation and anything void of this could breed further anxiety. It’s advised to go shopping, indulge in your hobbies, rest and do whatever you enjoy.
Here are a few quotes to motivate you this week…
• “One small positive thought can change your whole day.” ~Zig Ziglar
• “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” ~ Benjamin Mays
• “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” ~Joyce Meyer
• “I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” ~Henry David Thoreau
• “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” ~Thomas Carlyle
• “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” ~Karen Lamb
• “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” ~Jack Canfield
• “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” ~Michael Jordan
• “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” ~Arianna Huffington
• “Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch onto the affirmative.” ~Bing Crosby
Featured Image: Junior REIS / Unsplash
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A fashion lover with a voracious appetite for art and travel. As one who's passionate about the advancement of the woman, creating content that inspire smart style and living, and positive lifestyle changes is a duty I take seriously. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥