little scrub and a little face cream, next thing you know is you have one too many beauty product packaging than you know what to do with them. Thanks to eco-friendly sensitizing, we are looking for more ways to save the earth and its biodiversity. Instead of throwing away your exhausted beauty product packaging, there are numerous creative and symbiotic ways to repurpose them. A win-win situation. Repurpose beauty product packaging.
Sometimes we do more harm to the planet when we keep purchasing and do not recycle. It’s 2021 and if you are unable to recycle, you can definitely upcycle beauty product packaging. It’s not only hygienic, but also well organized.
Try out these upcycling ideas for your beauty product packaging…
1. Upcycling compact powder
We have quite a number of mirrors lying around that are serving no purpose. Well, here’s how you can put the compact powder packaging to good use. Create a mirror art!
- Carefully remove mirror from the compact case.
- Get a surface (preferably wooden) to place them on with hot glue.
- When they’re enough, spray in between with uniform color and hang on wall. Mirror mirror on the wall.
2. Upcycling scented candles
If you have a love for fragrances, you most likely have an emotional attachment to your scented candles which can make it difficult to discard the containers. Good news is, you don’t have to. Scented candle packaging are good alternatives for flower vases and basically a fine way for storing just about anything. Repurpose beauty product packaging.
- When you’ve burnt out your candle, pour hot water into the jar and once the wax is melted, you can take it off easily (let the boiling water cool off a little before use, to avoid cracked glass).
- Use to either plant a flower, place a single flower, or store makeup brushes.
3. Upcycling perfume bottles
Scents are forever, and creating an oil diffuser with your empty perfume bottle is genius idea.
- Fill up empty perfume bottle with warm water
- Put in 30 drops of choice essential oil.
- Place twigs or diffuser sticks inside to help diffuse
- You’re good to go
4. Upcycling lipsticks packaging
Who would have thought these tiny beauty product packaging could come in handy this much? They help you store little useful things like bobby pins that often get lost in your bag.
- Clean off excesses properly and store bobby pins, tampons, cotton swab, and even your daily pill dosage. It’s a very super organized storage option.
5. Buy recyclable products
It’s a good idea to shop for what you really need and look out for recyclable and refillable beauty products. There are brands who give away incentives for returning empty beauty product packaging, look out for those.
These are useful and eco friendly ideas that’ll vamp up your space, so why not? Channel your inner interior decorator and upcycle these beauty babies.
Featured image: Karolina Grabowska | Pexels
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A fashion lover with a voracious appetite for art and travel. As one who's passionate about the advancement of the woman, creating content that inspire smart style and living, and positive lifestyle changes is a duty I take seriously. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥