Can we talk about the arms for a sec? We all bother about our belly, hair, and our skins, but not much is often said about flabby arms. Maybe it’s because we can easily hide our arms in outfits that we don’t put that much thought into them. However, that’s not stainable because what do you do on the days you want to rock your favorite sleeveless outfit? Luckily, we have the easiest exercises for flappy arms that can be done at your convenience.
Instead of feigning nonchalance about flabby arms, why not start off with these easy arm exercises that would firm your arms and help you tone your muscles around that region. Like any other thing in life, these exercises won’t work overnight and you will really need to get committed to your routine. However, at the end of the day, all your effort will pay off and it will all be worth it.
How do you get flabby arms?
Flabby arms occur when the skin around your biceps loses its elasticity due to age or excessive fat accumulation. You can achieve more toned arms when you focus on your diet and workout routine. No pain, no gain.
We have put together 5 easy exercises you can adopt beginning today and these won’t take up more than 15 minutes of your day. They’re so easy you can do them while cooking dinner, watching TV, or even when you take short breaks from work. These exercises not only firm up your arms but can also be implemented into a full-body routine.
Here are 5 exercises to firm up arm fat (flabby arms)…
Push-ups are a good way to tone the upper arms and create a stronger core. They are also a tried and trusted way to firm up those flabby arms.
- Take a position where your body runs parallel to the ground
- Keep your toes and palms pointed down to the ground for support
- Your entire body should be straight especially from the back to the hips
- Then go up and down, straightening and bending your elbows within an inch of the floor and then back to the initial pose
All these should be done with the body maintaining alignment. For a beginner, try to keep your weight on your thighs and not your knees till you build enough strength and balance.
#2. Arm circles
- Stand with your feet flat on the ground and your hands spread side to side (90 degrees)
- As the name implies, you go ahead to move your arms in small fast circles simultaneously and clockwise
- Reverse the motion and move hands in circles anti-clockwise as well
Note: Choose the number of times you can move your arms conveniently then add a little more to pressure your muscles.
#3. Arm stretches
These are very effective ways of firming up those flabby arms because it engages and stretches the triceps.
- Put your hands above your head
- Pass your right hand across your head
- Hold your right wrist with your left hand, thereby, merging your hands
- Using your right hand, pull your left wrist towards your right hand, such that your left elbow rests directly on the back of your head creating pressure
- Release the pressure but hold on still to the hand while pushing the arm back to the center of your head
- Release wrist
- Hold your left wrist with your right hand the previous way
- Repeat process on the other hand.
#4. Kickboxing punches
Never ever has there been a good boxer with flabby arms. This is because this exercise is steady toning those arms and upper back with every punch served.
- Begin with standing with your feet wide-apart
- Bring your right hand up with your fist just below your jawline
- Clench your fists and take the stance of a boxer
- Begin to throw punches at an imaginary person in front of you or better still a punching bag
- Extend your hands in front of you with every punch
- Don’t overdo it and end up extending your shoulder muscles
- Throw as many punches with one hand before switching to the other hand
- Repeat the same process with the other hand
#5. Triceps dips
- Sit straight on a bench or chair with feet flat on the floor
- Grip the bench with your hands beside either side of your hips
- Keep elbows close together
- Push your buttocks off the bench (still in the previously stated position) with pressure on the elbow
- Lower the body three inches down, while bending your elbow
- Then back to the sitting position
There’s no heavy lifting and gym membership required. These easy arm exercises can be done from the comfort of your home. As stated previously, consistency is vital in achieving desired results.
Featured image: Boxed Water Is Better | Unsplash
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A fashion lover with a voracious appetite for art and travel. As one who's passionate about the advancement of the woman, creating content that inspire smart style and living, and positive lifestyle changes is a duty I take seriously. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥