The 2023 Korean Skincare Trends You Need This Summer
-beauty has taken the world by storm in recent years, and for good reason. With its focus on gentle, effective ingredients and multi-step routines, K-beauty has helped millions of people achieve clear, glowing skin. Korean skincare has a long and rich history. The earliest evidence of skincare in Korea dates back to the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) when women used various natural ingredients such as herbs, flowers, and fruits to care for their skin.
In the 1990s, Korean skincare started gaining popularity in other parts of the world. This was partly due to the rise of K-pop, which featured beautiful Korean idols with flawless skin. Today, Korean skincare is one of the most popular skincare trends in the world. This is because the products are known for being gentle, effective, and affordable.
See the latest Korean skincare trends for 2023 that you need this summer…
#1. Plant-based ingredients
In 2023, we are seeing even more K-beauty products that use plant-based ingredients such as green tea, aloe vera, and chamomile. Plant-based ingredients are becoming increasingly popular in skincare and for good reason. They are often gentler on the skin than synthetic ingredients, and they can be just as effective.
#2. Home-based beauty tech
This is another trend that is gaining traction in the K-beauty world. These devices use light, heat, and other technologies to improve the appearance of the skin, especially because of the hot summer days. Just like we saw in 2022, there’ll be more innovative home-based beauty tech devices like LED masks and micro-current devices.
#3. Minimalism/multi-use products
One of the Korean skincare trends to jump on is minimalism. This means focusing on a few key products that can be used to achieve various results. Rather than having too many skincare products on the bathroom shelf, more multiple-purpose skincare products are preferable. For example, tinted moisturizers can act as a moisturizer and foundation, and cleansing balms can also be used as makeup removers.
#4. Glowing glass skin
The “glass skin” trend was heavy last year. There’s more this year. Glass skin is all about achieving skin that is so clear and radiant that it looks like glass. This can be achieved by using a variety of products, such as hydrating toners, serums, and sunscreen. You can have your tan and your glass skin as well.
#5. More vitamin C and A
These vitamins are two of the most important skincare ingredients, and they are both becoming increasingly popular in K-beauty. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help to brighten the skin and protect it from free radical damage, while vitamin A is a retinoid that can help to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars.
#6. Fermented products
Fermented ingredients have been used in skincare for centuries in South Korea. Such ingredients are rich in nutrients and antioxidants, and they can help to improve the overall health of the skin.
Check out some additional tips for getting the most out of your Korean skincare routine…
- Use products that are appropriate for your skin type. Not all skincare products are created equal. It is important to use products that are appropriate for your skin type.
- Apply products in the correct order. This ensures that each product can work effectively. For example, you should always apply a toner after cleansing your face. This is because the toner helps to restore the skin’s pH balance, which is important for the absorption of other skincare products.
- Consistency is mandatory. Your skin requires its daily nutrients. Don’t starve it. Be patient with your skincare routine and watch out for the results you are looking for.
- Sunscreens are a must. Yes. That’s right. It protects your skin from sun damage, which can lead to wrinkles, age spots, and skin cancer. Make sure to wear sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days. With these easy tips, you can achieve the clear, glowing skin you’ve always wanted with Korean skincare.
Why you should incorporate Korean skincare
- Gentle ingredients: Korean skincare products are typically made with gentle ingredients that are unlikely to irritate the skin. This makes them ideal for people with sensitive skin.
- Effective ingredients: Korean skincare products often contain high-quality natural ingredients that are known to be effective in improving the appearance of the skin.
- Affordable prices: Rather than buying expensive toners or moisturizers from numerous celebrity brands, K-beauty products are typically very affordable, making them a great option for people on a budget.
Featured image: @winnieharlow/Instagram
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle, and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A creative writer with a voracious appetite for fashion, beauty, lifestyle and culture. As one who's passionate about the advancement of the woman, creating content that inspire smart style and living, and positive lifestyle changes is a calling I take seriously. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥