Now Reading
Rave News Digest: Tonto Dikeh Sued By Ex-husband, Agba Jalingo Released, Pep Guardiola + More

Rave News Digest: Tonto Dikeh Sued By Ex-husband, Agba Jalingo Released, Pep Guardiola + More

tonto-dikeh-sued-by-ex-husband-churchill-agba-jalingo-released-latest-news-global-world-stories-february-february-2020-style-rave

Tonto Dikeh sued by ex-husband, Churchill, Journalist Agba Jalingo has been released, Pep Guardiola not leaving Man City. Stay in the know with our Rave News Digest which summarizes five of the hottest global news you need to catch up on, saving you time and energy. Consider it your daily news fix.

Here is a rundown of five of the hottest news topics…

1. Tonto Dikeh ex-husband Churchill Olakunle sues her

tonto-dikeh-sued-by-ex-husband-churchill-agba-jalingo-released-latest-news-global-world-stories-february-february-2020-style-rave
Court documents of the suing.

Tonto Dikeh has been sued by her ex-husband, Churchill Olakunle for ₦500M over malicious statements made against him in her famous YouTube video in 2019.

Churchill Olakunle has sued Tonto Dikeh over the videos she released in 2019 via her YouTube channel where she called him out. In the video, she had accused the businessman of being an internet fraudster and ritualist.

tonto-dikeh-sued-by-ex-husband-churchill-agba-jalingo-released-latest-news-global-world-stories-february-february-2020-style-rave
Olakunle Churchill and Tonto Dikeh

In the lawsuit notice which has him as the first claimant and Big Church Foundation as the second claimant, Churchill stated that the allegations are baseless and sponsored to tarnish and damage his image and political ambition.

According to Churchill, Tonto Dikeh was aware of his political decision and decided to ruin them with the YouTube video. He then went on to say that the actress should pay the sum of ₦500M for the general damages incurred by him over the malicious and false publications.

2. Agba Jalingo released from detention

tonto-dikeh-sued-by-ex-husband-churchill-agba-jalingo-released-latest-news-global-world-stories-february-february-2020-style-rave
Agba Jalingo jubilating

Journalist Agba Jalingo has been released from prison custody after meeting his bail conditions. An activist, Inibehe Effiong, confirmed his release to the media on Monday. Jalingo, who is the publisher of Cross River Watch, was first arrested by the police in August 2019 on the orders of the Ben Ayade-led Cross River State Government.

He was subsequently arraigned for treason and attempting to overthrow the state government due to highly critical articles he published. Due to his long detention, Amnesty International had declared the activist, “a prisoner of conscience”.

Last week, there were a series of protests staged in Cross River over his detention. The court, which had earlier rejected his bail applications, subsequently granted him bail last week.


3. Several killed in a suicide attack at a religious rally in Pakistan

Pakistani security officials inspect the scene of the bomb blast in Quetta

A suicide bomb attack near a religious rally in the Pakistani city of Quetta has killed at least seven people and wounded 25 others, according to officials.

Zia Langove, home minister of the southwestern Balochistan province, said Monday’s explosion took place close to the event organised by Ahle Sunnat Wal Jammat (ASWJ), a political party allegedly linked with a sectarian armed group.

An attacker came on a motorcycle, and he was stopped by police [near the rally],” Langove told the media. “Then, there was an explosion.”

No group has so far claimed responsibility.

4. Tanzania official threatens to arrest the people ’embarrassing the government’

Mrisho Gambo

A Tanzanian government official has ordered the arrest of people who shared videos of the poor state of roads in a park, accusing them of economic sabotage. Arusha Regional Commissioner Mrisho Gambo said those who circulated the videos wanted to embarrass the country.

He ordered the regional police commander to arrest and interrogate those who posted the video “to establish their motive”.

Mr Gambo argued governments faced challenges which should be brought to the attention of officials and not shared online.


5. Pep Guardiola tells friends he intends to stay at Manchester City FC despite Champions League ban

Pep Guardiola has been a manager at Manchester City since 2016

Pep Guardiola has told friends he intends to stay at Manchester City despite the club’s two-year ban from the Champions League. Unless City overturns the ban imposed by UEFA on Friday, they will not compete in European football until 2022 after this season.

Guardiola’s contract is due to expire in 2021. He is expected to speak about the subject for the first time on Wednesday.

His contract does have a break clause at the end of this season and it was anticipated he would activate it should City fail to win their appeal which they will be submitting to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in the next few days.

However, it is understood the 49-year-old has said he will not be doing that and remains committed to the club.


Our Week Day News Digest brings you a summary of five of the hottest news topics today including latest News in Nigeria, African news, political news, international news, Hollywood news, sports news and news on Nigerian celebrities and African celebrities. Also, expect other top stories and more of the latest trending news today across the Sahara. A summary of latest Nigerian news today 2020.


For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_


Leave Comment

Leave a Reply

Scroll To Top