I love brownies! I am not sure I have come across anyone who doesn’t. My quest for the next new brownie recipe to replicate led me to Monique of Ambitious Kitchen and I must confess she’s got the most amazing brownie recipes I have ever come across. Brownies, a glass of wine and Harry Potter movies are all that I need to make this Christmas break complete.
Let’s dig in…
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 raspberries
For the drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free or vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
Directions for baking the brownies
- Preheat oven to 350o F or 180o C. There are two ways to make these brownies, by using two small skillets or a loaf pan: Grease two 5-inch skillets generously with coconut oil OR line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat, add coconut oil and coconut sugar and stir until the coconut oil is completely melted and the mixture is shiny. Set aside to cool for just a few minutes, then transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next add the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; stir until smooth. The batter will be fairly thick. Spread in prepared pan or evenly in the two skillets. Push the raspberries into the top of the brownie batter.
- If you are baking them in the skillets, bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges start to pull away from the pan. If you are baking the brownies in the loaf pan, bake for 18-23 minutes until edges are set. It’s always better to underbake your brownies so they remain fudgy. After baking, transfer to a wire rack to cool before cutting and serving.
- To make the chocolate drizzle: Place a small saucepan over low heat and add chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring until completely smooth. Drizzle over brownies.
Photo credit: Ambitiouskitchen.com
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A fashion and culture enthusiast who's really a food loving adventurer at heart. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥