In our very busy adult lives, we very often don’t have the time to whip up a great meal before dashing out of the house. Let’s face it, a great meal takes time but time is a luxury that doesn’t come with the thing called adulting. Consequently, many of us retreat to the tried and trusted food delivery service, and others wait for the weekend to put together meals for the whole week.
Now, considering that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it’s not something you should skip or wait until you get to the office. But how do you get your day started quickly and still have time for breakfast? The answer is quick and easy breakfast ideas. In this article, you’ll discover five very easy and quick breakfasts you can put together in no time. And this is not to say that you’ll have to compromise taste for time. Not at all. For each one of these is super delicious even the kids would love it.
Check out 5 quick, easy, and delicious breakfast ideas the whole family would enjoy…
#1. Strawberry pancakes with syrup
- Baking Powder
- Melted Butter
- One Egg However,
- Vanilla Extract
- Whisk dry ingredients together
- Melt butter and warm milk (we use the microwave)
- Whisk wet ingredients together
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients
- Cook on a hot buttered skillet
- After which, proceed to drop slices of strawberry. Yummy.
#2. French toast
When it comes to French toast, sometimes less is more. If you’ve run out of berries, you can just dip them in a mixture of milk and egg and proceed to fry. Eat this alongside tea or coffee and you’re good.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices bread
- Beat egg, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow dish with a wire whisk. Stir in milk
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly
- Cook bread slices on a lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides. Serve with Easy Spiced Syrup, if desired. Voila, easy French toast.
- Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract and 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon to 1 cup pancake syrup; stir well to mix. Serve warm, if desired. Breakfast idea.
#3.. Fried plantain and egg sauce
I once read that “to fry plantain without eating a single slice requires a very high level of discipline” – yes, they’re that tempting. This is exceptionally true because this finger food is tasty and lightweight. If it makes it to the dining table, bon appetit!
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe Plantain
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry
- Handful green peas
- 1/4 kg Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion
- Habanero pepper
- 3 Fresh tomatoes
- Peel and slice the plantain
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, gradually put the plantain and fry on medium heat
- Fry until golden brown. Then flip to the other side and fry
- Afterward, remove fried plantains and put them in a sieve to drain out the oil
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk properly. Add salt to taste
- Wash and slice the onion, habanero pepper, and fresh tomatoes
- Heat up vegetable oil, and add the onion fry for a few seconds. Afterward, add the fresh pepper and fresh tomatoes.
- Add salt and curry fry for 3 minutes then pour in the green peas.
- Fry for 1 minute and yummy egg sauce is ready.
#4. Garnished noodles and boiled eggs
Vegetables like carrot and green beans up the noodles game. It goes from regular to pump status. Try out this breakfast idea with either boiled or fried eggs and if you want to be extra, add shrimps. Breakfast is served.
- Instant noodles
- 2 Fresh tomatoes
- sliced Onions
- Fresh pepper
- 1 Egg
- 50ml vegetable oil
- Cook instant noodles per usual until ready. Drain water and add the accompanying spices
- Set your frying pan on the heat and add sliced tomatoes, onions, fresh pepper
- Fry for about five minutes
- After frying, break the two eggs into the same bowl containing the noodles and stir together, then transfer to the frying pan.
- Finally, cook while stirring for about five minutes. Garnished noodles is ready!
#5. Good ol’ bread and tea
We all love bread and tea (or chocolate drink if you please). Asides from the fact that it’s super easy and handy, it could be filling too depending on the quantity you consume. Scrambled eggs or sardine in between the bread are a good partner to complete this meal. Super easy!
Featured image: Arx0nt | istock
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A fashion lover with a voracious appetite for art and travel. As one who's passionate about the advancement of the woman, creating content that inspire smart style and living, and positive lifestyle changes is a duty I take seriously. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥