Even Dangote didn’t invite everyone he knows to his daughter’s wedding some time back so why should you? First, as a bride, you need to know that you are 90% in charge of your wedding which means you have to decide who attends your wedding and whether your wedding guests get a plus 1 or not.
I get it though, your wedding day is vital; it’s the one day in your life that you can share your joy and love with everyone who’s ever crossed your path but unfortunately, this is not a practical idea. Think about all the expenses this will incur, the stress – basically, there’s a lot to think about.
So, even when your parents or parents-in-law are stressing you about those to invite, you need to realize that your ever-growing list needs to be narrowed down to people who truly love and care about you and your groom.
Here’s how you should go about creating your exclusive wedding guest list…
1. Create a list that includes you and your partner’s family members and close friends then expand it to include your parents’ dreaded lists. As the main list starts to exceed your budget number, you need to set up a conference call or physical meeting with all involved parties to figure out who doesn’t really need to be at the wedding. #bediplomaticwiththeinlaws
2. Avoid chain invites as much as possible. If you are a member of a group and can’t invite one person only, well darling, you have to stick to not inviting anyone from that group at all. This also goes for people at work, if you can’t invite all then don’t invite anyone except that relationship goes beyond work. #folksbesensitive
3. Dividing your list into groups based on the nature of guests’ relationship with you and yours will help you easily figure out which group can stay or go if the list gets endless. Remember that dividing into groups means eliminating the entire group, if necessary. #youcantkillyourself
4. Long distance possible guest? Confirm with long distance guests on their likelihood to travel down. This helps because you can cut the person off the list if they are unsure they will attend. #yougottadowhatyougottado
5. I mentioned having a plus one earlier but if you are not really into big weddings then make sure that the invitation card only admits one. #yourweddingyourrules
These tips sound so stringent and somewhat tough but you must remember that controlling the guest list will save you a lot of stress and a lot of money.
It’s not going to be easy since you do not want to offend anyone but it’s also not possible to please everyone. However, you can please yourself and your pocket by staying on budget.
Photo Credit: IG | Klalaphotography, Jideodukoya
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A passionate writer, self proclaimed chef and lover of music and dance. In my world, it's nothing but sunshine and rainbows. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥