When life gives you lemons, what do you do? I say you make a very chilled glass of lemonade, or maybe three. Lemonade is one drink that’s refreshingly simple and always welcome irrespective of the season. In addition, they boast such amazing health benefits it’ll almost be a crime not to indulge in your favorite variations. As a result, we’re sharing three simple lemonade recipes to give you a lemon-y dose of Vitamin C. So, how do you make a franchise-worthy lemonade?
Well, the best way to make the perfect lemonade is to first make a simple syrup by heating up water and sugar together until the sugar is completely dissolved. Then, mix that with your lemon juice. However, if you want to take this basic lemonade recipe up a notch, you can make a few tweaks to it and that’ll make all the difference. Trust me when I say your homemade lemonade experience is about to change.
Check out 3 lemonade recipes you and all your guests will absolutely love…
#1. Basic lemonade
Even basic lemonade recipes can vary greatly, thus, not all lemonades are created equal. So how do you make the most memorable and refreshing lemonade that’s differnt from the bunch? Well, swap the sugar with honey or another sweetner. This will give your drink is a different taste and is also healthier than the sugar-rich options. Here’s how:
- 3 large lemons
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 6 cups of water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Ice cubes
- Extract juice from lemons
- Combine 1 cup of the water with raw honey and gently heat until the honey is dissolved, then transfer out of the sauce pan and allow to cool.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the bottom of a pitcher, followed by our simple honey syrup, and then fill the remainder of the pitcher up with the remaining 5 cups water. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Voila, your basic lemonade is ready!
#2. Strawberry lemonade
This is a great lemonade recipe as the sweetness of the strawberry complements the tartness of the lemons. Great choice if you fancy a bit of sweetness and strawberry flavoring is your favorite.
- 1 lb strawberries (to yield 1/2 cup juice)
- 2 cups of basic Lemonade (see recipe above)
- To break down the strawberries, add fresh strawberries to a blender and then puree them until they’re evenly broken down.
- Then, transfer the pureed strawberries to a fine mesh sieve and press through to get strained strawberry juice.
- Add 1/4 cup of the strawberry juice to the bottom of a of a jar, followed by the basic lemonade juice from before, and then finish off with some ice cubes.
#3. Bluberry lemonade
I know you may be wondering: “what, blueberry lemonade?” Yes, blueberry lemonade, and it’s super delicious. Just like with the strawberry recipe above, we’ll be using the basic lemonade recipe as our base and substituting the strawberries for blueberries. If you love blueberries, this is a great excuse to indulge.
- 2 pints blueberries (to yield 1/2 cup juice)
- 2 cups of the basic lemonade above
- Start by adding fresh blueberries to a saucepan and heating over medium-high heat. The blueberries should break down and release their juices. They’ll also take on a darker color in the process.
- Next, transfer the cooked blueberries to a fine-mesh sieve and press through to get strained blueberry juice.
- Add 1/4 cup of the juice to the bottom of a glass, followed by our fresh lemonade, and then add some ice cubes on top.
Featured image: DESIGNbyJA | Pexels
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A fashion and culture enthusiast who's really a food loving adventurer at heart. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥