For the longest time, acrylic nails have remained the hottest nail trend and the best way to add some length to your nails. But like everything that’s put on, there comes a time when you want to take it off.
Most women usually turn to their nail technicians to put on and take off acrylic nails but the current lockdown in most cities across the world means nail salons are closed.
Attempting to peel, pick or pry your nails can actually lead to weak and damaged nails so resist the urge to go that route. If you can’t wait to get rid of those overgrown and worn-out acrylic nails, you’re in luck! I’ve summarized the safest and easiest way to remove acrylic nails from the comfort of your home.
The best part is that these steps also work for removing gel nails. All you need is a nail cutter, nail file, nail buffer and 100% acetone.
Here are the steps to remove acrylic nails by yourself…
- Carefully cut off the excess acrylic with a nail cutter. Cut down as close to your natural nails as possible.
- Use nail polish remover to remove the nail polish used on the acrylic. This is to prevent a mess or getting your hands stained.
- Pour a sufficient amount of acetone into a bowl and soak your nails in it for 15 minutes. You can buy acetone from a beauty supply store or pharmacy.
- Use a soft foam buffer to gently buff off the melted acrylic from your nails. But if resistant, leave it and skip to the next nail.
- Re-soak the nails with the stubborn acrylic in acetone for about 5 minutes. Do repeatedly until the acrylic slides off easily with help from the buffer.
- File your nails, wash your hands with soap and water then coat your nails with clear nail polish / top coat to help strengthen it. Outline nail ideas
Not only will you save yourself from injury by using this method but also prevent developing weak and unhealthy looking nails.
Photo Credit: Google | Moheltaworld Outline nail- ideas
From celebrity beauty news to product releases by global, African and Nigerian beauty brands, read more of the latest and trending beauty news stories by visiting stylerave.com/category/beauty/.
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A passionate beauty writer with a keen appetite for makeup. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥