For better or for worse, Toke Makinwa’s style never ceases to have that touch of glamour. Looking at her ever flourishing style profile, we have certainly noticed a change in her style direction. The Toke Makinwa of 2018 and 2019 are two different people and this has everything to do with her casual looks.
The style star didn’t just burst into the scene, she created it with looks that changed how many Nigerian women and even some African celebrities approach their style.
Since noting her revamped approach, we decided to share a few casual style lessons we’ve learnt so far this year from just watching the style maven show off her casual glam.
1. Vintage shirts and short shorts are still very much in and can be very chic as long as you finish the ensemble off with a pair of classy heels.
2. It’s okay to follow the trends but do it like a boss bi*ch. Notice how she rocks the double neon/biker romper trend like a boss babe by employing her favourite heels.
3. Trends only end if you have no other ways to pull them off but Toke keeps the bum bag trend very much alive.
4. Heels are a girl’s best friend but sneakers can be super sexy too.
5. Casual styles can be any look you want; you can be a bad b*tch in short shorts or you can go the boss chick route in a two-piece print ensemble.
Here are more of Toke’s casual style takes and what she wants you to know…
Heels help define your curves
Sneakers are hella sexy with short & midi dresses
Photo Credit: IG |Toke Makinwa – Toke Makinwa St
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A passionate writer, self proclaimed chef and lover of music and dance. In my world, it's nothing but sunshine and rainbows. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥