Often times people do not realise how much weight they have gained until they notice their protruding midsection. A pot belly is undeniably obvious and quite difficult to deal with. Body magic can hold the belly fat in for a few hours, but when it’s off, the pot belly stares right back at you in the mirror. It won’t go away if you don’t deal with it and you won’t stop complaining if you’re doing nothing to help yourself.
If the paragraph above describes your daily weight struggle, then digest these diet tips summarized from fitness news guide just you:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. This helps to combat chronic inflammation. Fruits like apples, berries, broccoli, papaya, mushroom, pineapple and spinach should show up frequently in your daily meals.
- Restrict your fat content to mono-saturated ones. This helps to raise a healthy cholesterol level and reduce inflammation. Examples of good sources of mono-saturated fats are olive oil, almond, avocado.
- Eat Foods with Omega-3-Fatty Acid content. Findings from research suggest that omega-3-fatty acids are associated with reduced inflammation. Good sources of omega-3 include walnut, flax seed, and fishes such as Alaskan salmon.
- Include spices in your meal. Such spices as garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and chill pepper have potent inflammation-reducing capabilities.
- Make water your best friend. Staying hydrated is essential to flushing inflammation-causing toxins out of the body. Aim for 8-10 cups of water a day based on your activity level. Do this and watch belly fat say goodbye.
- Keep to whole grains. These are rich in fibre and will help control the insulin response in your body. Vitamin B in whole grain helps reduce the inflammatory hormone homocysteine in the body.
Article by Sema Bassie
Photo credit: Silberman Dental Website
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRaveNG
At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram! @StyleRave_ ♥