Got fashion and lifestyle writing experience? Want to work with us as a freelance writer? If so, you may submit your resume/CV and two (2) editorial writing samples to email@example.com.
If you want real world media industry experience, Style Rave offers several internship positions through which you can gain practical knowledge that will help in future career opportunities.
About Our Program
Style Rave’s objective is to present to readers the best of Nigerian and global style, fashion, lifestyle, culture, brands and so much more. We strive to enlighten, inform and entertain readers across various digital platforms with a passion for excellence as demonstrated through quality writing and imagery.
Qualified candidates looking to join our team must have a great personality and be able to work under the pressure of deadlines and meet intern requirements in their area of interest. Candidates must commit to a full term (three months) and work a minimum of ten (10) hours per week. All internships are unpaid. Letters of recommendation will be provided upon completion of the program. *All positions are remote at this time.
Available Areas of Interest
Contributors/Editorial: Editorial interns will have opportunities for their stories to be published, which will build their writing portfolio necessary for future career opportunities in media, as well as make connections that will help in future endeavours.
- Evaluate press releases
- Research articles
- Fact check editorial pieces
- Update/create lists and spreadsheets
- Interview story subjects
- Participate and contribute in routine staff meetings
- Help with events sponsored by the blogazine
- Submit story ideas and written features
- Contribute to social media
- Call potential advertisers
Marketing/Advertising / Sales
- Create and run marketing campaigns
- Conduct research of potential advertisers
- Assist with revenue generation ideas
- Perform other marketing task as assigned
- Create and/or gather materials for client meetings and presentations
Social Media / Web: Ability to navigate digital platforms such as our website content management system, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is a must for this position. Other requirements include proficient skillset with computers and Microsoft excel.
- Creating monthly social media calendars
- Generating & executing fun and original campaign themes
- Inputting content for the promotion of web content and events via social media outlets
- Assisting with e-mail marketing newsletters
- Assisting with data cleansing of e-mail and web directory list
- Assisting with web research task
Photography: We are looking for Lagos or Abuja based photographers to cover industry events and assigned projects. The ideal candidates for this position is flexible, organized, responsive.
- Shooting photography of events and client projects
- Assistance with pre-production and post-production activities related to photo shoots
- Implementing photo assets on the web
- Executing task related to various digital content strategies
Interested candidates should email their resume/CV, cover letter and sample work to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating their area of interest for review and consideration.